1. We took advantage of a supposed-to-be warm day (it was frigid) and the zoo's half price winter tickets and went with new friends (a few of our kids are missing from the pic).
2. I should have known something was going on when she-who-never naps fell asleep in this position for over an hour.
3. Grinning boy.
4. When you don't feel well, any pillow will do. Fern gladly fills in.
5. My companions for a while during a day I spent in bed, under covers. No sick days for mamas.
6. She-who-never-naps is also she-who-rarely-cuddles. Sickness does have its slight benefits.
7. My friend Sara, who once taught my Sunday school class and whose babies I held in church as a teen (her son is now our son's small group leader), heard we were all sick with the GI plague, showed up with a big pot of chicken soup and biscuits, donned her gloves and facemask and served us dinner. She then took Benjamin from me, who had been fussing for hours, so I could eat and promptly put him to sleep, and offered to clean or do whatever as needed. This is love.
8. I don't have a photo, because the kids demolished them, but my sister covertly dropped off a roasted chicken and veggies, cookies and a box of my favorite girl scout cookies from my mom. It's so nice to have to not worry about a few meals when everyone is at various stages of sickness and the house looks like a few tornadoes and dust bowls rolled through.