Yes, spring. It has just taken me this long to get photos of the girls in their new outfits. :)
Using a 1980's Butterick pattern and $2 yd vintage look cheery print fabric from Walmart, I made Annaliese this cute summer dress. Since I'm always asked how long it takes me to sew a dress, or how I make the time - this took me about two hours start to finish. The most time consuming part was making the buttonholes, since my Janome and I fight over button-hole making. I tend to cut out a pattern one night, work on it during nap time the next day and finish it in the evening.
Another 80's pattern was used for Ella's adorable jumpsuit. Fabric was from the stash and was a gift and the buttons were left over from a Christmas play costume I made for someone last season so this outfit cost nothing. There were more pieces to this pattern and I'd never used it so it took more time than a quick dress. I worked on it in bits and pieces over a few days.Lastly,Ella wanted a Lucy outfit for her birthday back in May and using a modern simplicity costume pattern and a screen-shot of Lucy's coronation gown from The Lion, Witch and The Wardrobe, I came up with this dress for her for playing. I bought the fabric at Joann's when it was an extra 50% off clearance, making this play gown cost about $10. The gown came together quickly and I took some time at night hand sewing some clear crystal beads on the bodice. These sleeves were so fun to make! :)
Ella was very happy with her gown and posed quite seriously and Fern, the pooch, was happy to pose with her majesty.