1. Vitamin D is imperative for it's role in the absorption of calcium. No vitamin D = no calcium absorption = osteoporosis.
2. Vitamin D helps to fight against cancers and diabetes.
3. More than 40 percent of American adults do not have enough vitamin D in their bodies.
4. Reduced sunlight and reduced vitamin D contribute to depression.
5. Foods fortified in vitamin D, such as milk, do not provide the necessary amounts needed. You'd have to drink ten tall glasses of milk to get enough vitamin D.
6. People with naturally dark skin need 20-30 times as much exposure to sunlight for their bodies to produce adequate vitamin D.
7. It is impossible for your body to get too much vitamin D from the sun. It will regulate itself, so head on outside for some free vitamin D!